To advance the independence, productivity, and full citizenship of people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities.
UCP Vision: “A Community for Everyone”
At UCP, we envision a community that values the same important ideas that we do:
- Full Inclusion: Individuals, regardless of the severity of their disability, are included in every aspect of life including home, school, workforce, and community.
- Empowerment: People with disabilities, and families of children with disabilities, have a right to make decisions about things that affect their lives. We help them identify their options and utilize the same means as anyone else in the community to achieve their choices.
- Family Solidarity: Families having a member with disabilities are supported so they may stay together and flourish.
- Diversity: All persons are valued and respected for their individual differences.
- Teamwork: It takes teamwork to produce positive results. The many people who contribute to our mission are appreciated, encouraged, and supported.